Friday, November 12, 2010

Typography

Typography is what language looks like. It's the art and techniques of type design. It's not words, it's like a design. Big companies use artists for topographic work because it requires to have skills to be a typographer. It might effect potential consumers because if the design is nice, and it looks really neat and professional, consumers are most likely going to want to look at the product and buy it. I think graffiti would be typography because it's a form of design used with words. I think typography is amazing. There are certain effects you could create by just the type of typography you use. Plus, it just makes the text much less boring to read. I think it's also like a form of art and after learning about the anatomy, it looked really interesting! I had a lot of fun today, and I learned a bunch of neat things. Hopefully next time I'll finish my flower, although i'm not sure if I'm supposed to use real words or can it just be a bunch of letters? I look forward to doing more with typography next class period.

Anatomy of a font:
1. tail
2. spine
3. apex
4. serif
5. bowl
6. finial
7. counter
8. descender
9. stem
10. spur
11. link
12. loop
13. ear
14. ascender
15. arm
16. crossbar

Drawing with Typography!

Original Pic-

The one I edited today-
I know it's not much, but hopefully next time I'll get more done, it's kind of because I was just typing actual words so I'll see what I can do next class period!

citations:"Stock.xchng - African Daisy (stock Photo by Sweetiluv)." Stock.xchng - the Leading Free Stock Photography Site. 19 Oct. 2009. Web. 12 Nov. 2010. <http://www.sxc.hu/photo/1315977>.

No comments:

Post a Comment