Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Reflections on: Inside the War Against China's Blogs.

I don’t think it’s okay to have the companies do this. First of all, you’ll never know if the product is ever good or not. So, you wouldn’t be able to trust people’s opinions. It could be a really bad product and if there were good comments on it, then yes, of course consumers would buy it. That wouldn’t be good though because it’s false advertisement.     It’s also kind of low that you would have to pay people to put good reviews and comments about your product. I still don’t understand why they are disrespecting chinese culture. I think that’s really mean because even though they may be guilty it’s not right to be ridiculing other people’s cultures. That is definitely not netiquette. In my opinion, I still think it’s wrong that the companies are using false advertisement, but I wouldn’t go to the point where I would make fun of their culture. For example, Toyota featured an ad with Chinese stone lions bowing to a Japanese-made SUV. That is just really disrespectful. I also never knew that they had to spend so much dealing with bad comments. They spend tons of money trying to erase bad comments and negative information, and then they spend even more money paying people to right positive comments. Although I wish it would all be truthful and not a bunch of lies. How do we know who’s giving the true information? It also makes me question if they do that here in the U.S. Can i trust anyone anymore on the internet. Reading this article made me really think about all the lies that people tell to cover bad things up in this world. When we were little, didn't they tell us it was bad to lie? They aren’t exactly setting good examples. I just really hope that not everything on the internet I read is a lie these days.

1 comment:

  1. I believe that there are companies in countries (Such as the U.S.) around the world that pay people to post, like China does. You can check me, but I'm fairly sure that this is true.

    ReplyDelete