Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Semester End Reflection

I have learned so many things this semester! I never thought I would be such a pro on the Mac. I remember at the beginning, I barely knew any of the programs, and Mac computers were a real mystery for me. Now after being in this class, I know how to effectively use all the programs. I also know how to use stock photos now by using stock exchange because you can't just use random photos off of google, because that would be copyright.
Programs I learned how to use in this class:
-Numbers
-Pages
-iPhoto
-Photoshop
-Illustrator
and also many tricks on how to create things like typography or making interesting pictures on photoshop. I had no idea it was so easy! At first, I thought everything would be so difficult and confusing but after practicing, I know how to do a lot of things now. My work efforts contributed to my work and progress in this class because in order to actually know how to do things, I had to complete tons of activities. Luckily, I got all my work done, and with that I gained great skills. This class will definitely aid me in other classes and also the future because now that everything uses a lot of technology these days, it's good to know how to use these programs and computers. I know that it will give me a better advantage in the future. For example, I have commercial photography class and we have to know how to be able to know how to use programs on the Macs such as iPhoto, Photoshop, and also keynote. Luckily, I have multimedia so I already know how to use those programs. Without a doubt, Illustrator was the most challenging. The program is still sort of difficult for me, and it's still a little hard to create some images. I think it's just the program that's challenging. Some of the simple tasks are so much harder than they seem. I do know how to  create a 3D vase now though. The assignment I enjoyed the most was actually our final project. I'm not sure if I could say that as assignment, but I enjoyed that the most. I got to show my photo editing and creating abilities. It was fun because I got to use different programs and skills to create these photos. I think the one I like the most was re-editing things on photoshop. It's so cool that I could create different products with combining different photos. I also learned that you could also add cool effects to photos as well on photoshop. It's just a little bit more complicated than iPhoto, but I like a little challenge though. I think this class was a really cool class and I actually had fun while learning, and now I know how to do so many cool stuff on the computer now.
(;

No comments:

Post a Comment